Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tula Pink Prince Charming Tote



When my niece was home for Easter today, we whipped up a quick tote back in Tula Pink's Prince charming fabrics.  We only had about 40 minutes and we had to work fast.  She seemed pleased with the results, but the perfectionist in me is not happy.
 

We guessed at the measurements and I feel that the tote is too long (the picture does not show the whole length).  I did not have time to show her how to box the bottom corners and I feel like that is where things went wrong.  If we would have had time to do that it would have cut about 3 inches of the length and about 3 inches off each size of the width.  It would have also given the bag a flat bottom and a more professional finish. 
I already have a plan.  Next time she is home, I am going to pull the lining out and cut an inch off the bottom of the lining and the outside of the bag.  I will then sew across each and leave a few inches on the lining for turning.  I will box the corners, and put the bag back together and that should fix it!

11 comments:

  1. I think it turned out cute. Sometimes you need a longer bag, so it may actually come in handy. Thanks for sharing at A New Creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fabric and I bet your niece just loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pattern! I'd love it if you'd link up to The DIY'ers link party. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-diyers.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute fabric! I love longer totes I can fit so much more in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well for 40 minutes it looks great! At least she is able to enjoy it until next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun, quick project! It is really cute, I bet she loves it :) The fabric is great. I love how detailed Tula Pink fabrics are!

    Thanks for linking up to Let's Get Acquainted this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great tote bag! You can never have a tote that is too long! I always seem to need more room. Thanks for sharing.

    I’d love for you to check out our Pattern Party! Those with free patterns and templates to share are invited to link up! We also have a great giveaway for Free Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What adorable fabric! I love the tote! Saw your post over @ Someday Crafts. Visit me sometime @ www.crosson5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous fabrics! Good luck with the adjustment!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tula Pink has some awesome fabric! I think it looks pretty good! I've had some ask for very LONG totes... I think it all depends on how much "stuff" they like to carry! lol!!

    ReplyDelete